2017 marks the eighth year in which I’ve reviewed the most important stories in the ed-tech industry from the previous twelve months. (You can look at the topics I identified in previous years here.)
- Education Technology and Fake News
- Education Technology, Betsy DeVos, and the Innovation Gospel
- Education Technology and the Business of Student Debt
- Education Technology and the Power of Platforms
- The Weaponization of Education Data
This project includes a blog where you can read supplemental stories about how I work and about my thoughts throughout the year on these (and other) “trends.” You can also read more about the investments and investors that fuel these powerful education stories at funding.hackeducation.com.
Image credits: Bryan Mathers